Saturday, June 12, 2010

The Windy City

Photobucket
My friend Nicole and I desperately needed a girls weekend. She lives in KC and so we wanted to find a location somewhere nearby one of our hometowns and decided on a little trip to Chicago! I love a big city and I am excited about any location that offers great shopping. What I didn't expect to fall in love with is the architecture and ambiance of the city. Chicago is an incredible place. Its clean and interesting with friendly people and plenty of things to do and see! The shopping was as good as we hoped and we literally shopped from sun up to sun down on our first day there. I think we hit every store that was worth seeing and we were so sick of shopping and hiking through the city that we spent the next day on a double decker tour bus! It was a great way to see the sights and we were able to get off at a few locations like the Field Museum and Shedd Aquarium. We ate hot dogs and deep dish pizza, enjoyed the night life and overall had an amazing time. Nicole may be the only person in the world who I get along with 100% of the time and she can actually keep up (or put up) with my fast talking, opinionated, crazy personality. We left just a few days after my last final and the trip could not have come at a better time. I was there for my birthday and it was a great way to celebrate the end of a semester and the day of my birth! My amazing and supportive husband was home with the kids and genuinely wanted me to enjoy myself, waste money and relax! I was able to do all that and more!! It was truly the very best girls trip ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment