Wednesday, October 27, 2010

FREE AT LAST, FREE AT LAST...

After three months of being trapped in my apartment and at the mercy of manual-capable drivers, I finally have an AUTOMATIC vehicle and with that the freedom to roam! I have been really content here and enjoying most every moment, but with my new ride it’s like a whole new world has been opened to me! I am so giddy and excited I don’t even know where to go first! The kids, of course, are thrilled too! Now I can take Aiden to school, make play dates with kids not in the complex, and take them to do things on the weekends while Trent is working! While I have seen quite a lot here in Johannesburg, it has mostly been to “touristy” places or shopping malls. Now, I can experience the city, like a local, as I discover cool new places that only those who live here (or those that spend a lot of time Googling) know about.


I am so lucky to have a husband who loves me and knows that it isn’t healthy for a busy body like myself to not have wheels! I feel awful that I am one of the few people in the world that doesn’t have enough coordination to master the stick, clutch and gas and therefore drive the vehicle that the company provided. But the beauty of renting our own car is we don’t have to share and we now have air conditioning and power steering!

1 comment:

  1. I miss you! I love reading your blog and I am so jelous of your escape! I want to come join you! What an experience! Keep up with the blogging. This will be so fun to look back on. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete