Wednesday, August 3, 2011

It's All Over

So it's official...my vacation has come to an end! Today was my first day back at work and I am still not sure how I feel about this! It's hard to believe I was away for a whole year and it was good to be back with my fellow Speechies and Psychs! There is something very comforting about being around people with the same interests and lingo, and I'm not gonna lie, I love catching up on all the teacher drama! They really should do a reality show in a school...Anyway, I had a training first thing this morning and thank goodness for the I phone! Not sure what I would have done for 4 hours if I didn't have access to Facebook, Words with Friends and my email...Tomorrow I have another meeting and then I'm headed to my new campus for the first time! I have met the other therapist I will be working with and she's great! I'm going to miss my better half from Highland Park, Melissa, but fortunately I will still get to see her at our abundant amount of district meetings! It is always hard having to start from the beginning meeting new people and creating relationships, but fortunately my one God given talent is socializing so I know I will be just fine!

I thought I was going to be devastated giving up my free time, but it feels good to have a purpose again! I so desperately wish to be one of those amazing mother's who is fulfilled by her daily responsibilities as caregiver but I have never received any pleasure from this! Of course I love my children and I have so many proud moments that make me thank my lucky stars I have them but the day to day grind of motherhood is not my favorite thing! I think I enjoy working so much because I feel succesful at what I do and I can see when I'm making a difference...maybe if I set some objectives and progress monitored my children I would see some results but without the cold hard data it's hard to see what if any improvement we are making! I will say that having last year off with the kids at school all day was great! I loved being able to craft, volunteer, shop, read, do lunch dates and sleep whenever I wanted to! I know that is very selfish but everyone needs a little "me" time...I think I just require a bit too much! But that being said, it's time to get off the couch and do something and since I'm still not going to get mother of the year anytime soon, I at least may now be in the running for the Special Ed. Teacher of the Year award...but even that's probably years away! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment