Sunday, March 18, 2012

Take Me Out to the Ballgame

Over the break we had an opportunity to attend a Cubs game. I love Spring training games and have many fond memories of watching the Cubs play courtesy of both my grandpa's as they were members of the Mesa Hohokams Organization. My grandpa Pomeroy is actually still a member however he no longer volunteers at the games, and my granddad Fluhr passed away several years ago. So it was a bittersweet day as I missed seeing them in their uniforms, bolo ties and all! It was always such a treat to not only go to the game but to see my grandpa's working there! I was always so proud to be their granddaughter as there is something about being a Hoho that seems very cool to me! Fortunately, my cousin Lindsey's husband Jeremy is a member as well as some friends of my parents and grandparents, so I still recognized some of the volunteers! Jeremy was the one who got us our tickets for the game and the seats were incredible! Not only were they right behind home plate and in the shade but they were next to Lindsey and her kids! Aiden loved hanging out with his cousins and Anna and I could watch Miss B all day! Everything she does is the cutest thing ever! I love that age when every word (even the most simple or sassy thing) is hilarious!

Thursday's game was especially exciting (and confusing) because the Cubs played the Diamondbacks. I wasn't sure who to root for! Aiden chose to support both teams, making him a winner either way! Anna remained loyal to her Diamondbacks and loved rubbing it on our faces every time the D-backs made a run (which was a lot!). Even though the Cubbies lost horribly, we had such a great time (especially considering it was literally our only outing the entire week of Spring Break!).
Check out this view...it sure is nice to know people in high places!

Nana and Miss B!


Aiden and Brody
Mr. grumpy pants in the background is pouting because he has to go to baseball practice after the game....

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment