Sunday, September 2, 2012

One Decade Old

It's hard to believe that my baby boy is in the 2 digit numbers! The shear size of him alone is shocking enough! As I reflect on the last 10 years I am amazed at all that he has experienced and the little man he has become. He is so bright and very funny! More than anything he is sensitive and kind. I am especially grateful that his energy level has evened out as he has grown! As I think about the first few years I remember a very bouncy active child! It was difficult to keep up with him and I feared it would affect his ability to concentrate in school! While he is most definitely talkative and the class clown he is doing great in school! He loves to learn and that makes me very happy! I know everyone says that you have to really enjoy every moment because it goes by so fast, but I still can't believe how true that is. Aiden is already at the age where he would much rather be with friends then family. He will literally walk in the door after being gone all day and then turn around and run out to play. I am glad he is social and has great friends, but sometimes I wish he still liked me more :) My favorite time right now is driving him to his football practice. Its usually just the two of us and we chat about anything and everything. I am still amazed by how lucky I am to be blessed with two truly awesome kids! I wish time would slow down a little bit so I could keep them little longer! Who knows what the future holds for this little man, but knowing Aiden the sky's the limit!

Since we had Aiden's party early this year, his actually birthday day was a bonus! Keeping tradition, I made cinnamon rolls for breakfast (the kind in the can, of course). Then it was off to school. One thing that is kind of a bummer about Franklin is they don't let us make a big deal about birthdays....but because Aiden wanted everyone to know it was his, he wore a sticker on his shirt that said "It's my birthday"! For lunch his Grammie Marina picked him up and took him to Dairy Queen! It is always a fun treat to get to leave for lunch and especially exciting to spend time with his Grammie! For dinner Aiden chose to go to Serrano's and Papa and Nana came with us. He FINALLY got to open his presents after dinner. My parents and I made him wait to get his gifts until his real birthday. He has anxiously been awaiting and was thrilled to open his I-touch from Trent and I, and the case for it from Anna. But the best present of the night came from Papa! Inside of a very long box was my Grandad Fluhr's 22 rifle! Aiden used it when he went shooting with Trent and Grandpa Dan this summer and my dad thought he should have it! Aiden was very surprised and excited! He is counting down the days until he can use it!






I wish I had started the birthday questionnaire when he was first talking! I love to see his responses and how much they change year to year....

1. Favorite food: cheesburger
2. Least favorite thing to eat: asparagus
3. Favorite thing to do: play with my friends
4. Favorite movie: Transformer Dark of the Moon
5. Favorite TV show: I-Carly
6. Favorite book: Diary of a Wimpy Kid
7. What makes you happy: "my dad coming home".
8. What are you really good at: football and baseball
9. What is your favorite color: blue
10. What is your favorite song: Party Rock
11. Who is your best friend: Enoch
12. What do you and your dad do together: wrestle
13. Where is your favorite place to go: Pinetop
14. What do you want to be when you grow up: be in the Army

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment