Sunday, September 30, 2012

We're so Glad When Daddy Comes Home

Dad working out of the country is not so fun. This really is hard on everyone, especially Trent and the kids. I'm so busy half the time I don't even have time to spend with myself...but the kids are really feeling his absence and Trent, well, Trent's life kinda stinks! All he does is work, sleep and eat! Literally, everyday of the week! Poor guy. The sacrifices he makes for this family are beyond anything a man should be expected to do. I worry about him being away from all of us so much that I really have no time to feel sorry for myself! Home is where he belongs and this situation is anything but ideal. The other day a neighbor stopped by and as we chatted I learned that her father did the same thing as Trent...away 3 weeks home for 1, for 9 years!!!!! This was in the 80s when the economy crashed (hmmm sounds familiar) and it was what he had to do for his family. Sad. A woman that I work with is pregnant with her 3rd child and her husband is deployed in Iraq till February....Sad. This is just the way it goes, I guess. You do what you have to do. I pray everyday that things will change in the future and our family will stay under one roof but until then we make the best of it. Trent NEVER complains. He's my hero.

Trent will be home for a visit in 5 days and 12 hours! We can't wait! And the best part is he will be home for 10 days..WOOT WOOT! Oh the fun we will have....The last time Trent was in town we worked him to the bone, literally! He more than makes up for his time that he's away! He spent most of his time as Mr. Fixer, working on things around the house, going on outings with the kids (like to Amazing Jakes for 4 hours), making us breakfast everyday (he has always been the breakfast cook in this house) and helping me refinish a desk for my craft room! Poor guy...he barely had any time to lay around...hopefully this upcoming visit will be full of relaxation!
Trent is a great cook, especially breakfast foods! He wakes up so dang early that he has usually been to the store and made a three course meal before my eyes even open! This particular morning I woke up to eggs and cinnamon french toast! Yum!

During a random trip to the thrift store down the street we found this giant old desk and hutch. It was only $25.00! I saw the potential immediately while all Trent saw was a huge project! But always one to appease me he spent 2 days making this hunk of junk beautiful!



The finished project! Trent added trim and even picked the paint color. I LOVE IT!  It sure beats working on the folding table I was using before. This thing is so massive Trent had to remove the window in the room in order to get it in! He thinks I am crazy and kind of a pain in the you know what but he had to agree it's pretty darn cool!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment