Monday, July 18, 2011

Falling off the Wagon

As much as I have been postponing this entry I know it's time for an update on my food recovery! I was hoping that I would be able to turn things around and then write something good but instead I have to report I have fallen off the wagon! It all started with my move back to the States. After not eating Mexican food for several months, I went on a bean burrito binge. That is not an exaggeration I literally ate bean burritos once or twice a day for 2 weeks straight! That combined with my lack of exercise made it very easy to put back on a few lbs. Fortunately, I started working out with my mom's trainer in June, so I didn't get too out of shape, but I have yet to get the eating under control. In a last ditch effort I joined Weight Watchers and while I lost 3.8 lbs the first week, I was unable to keep up the momentum and gained that back plus a few since! Part of the problem is my summer schedule, which means I don't have a schedule, and part of it is I have been eating all of my problem foods, i.e. diet coke and hot tamales, and that makes me just eat more problem foods! I know that exercise alone is not going to help me lose weight but I am happy to know that I am getting fitter (you just can't tell because I have an extra layer of padding covering my new muscles!).  One of these days I am going to get serious and go back to my "clean eating" ways but until them I am going to eat every peanut M&M in sight!

No comments:

Post a Comment