Monday, January 2, 2012

Bringing Christmas to Grandma

A little over 1 month ago, our sweet Grandma Fluhr broke her ankle and had to have surgery. Because she lives alone and can only get around in a wheel chair she has been staying in a rehabilitation facility for the past few weeks. I think not being at home has been more difficult for her than the discomfort of having a broken ankle. Since she couldn't be home for Christmas, the kids and I along with my parents, Christian, Emily and Paisley took a little Christmas to her. After a fancy pizza dinner, we played some games and exchanged gifts.

While not an ideal Christmas location for Grandma, it was a treat to have this time to spend with her. My childhood Christmas's always consisted of a visit to my grandparents house but now that I have children I don't always get to see them as much as I would like. When something like this happens it sure makes you grateful for every moment you can spend with those you love, and there is no better time than the holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment